Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Motivation

I do not feel like running today.

It's been a long day at work, mentally draining and I'm tired. I would much rather just go home, veg, relax, unwind, eat and sleep. But I know I've committed to this and, unless it's raining when I get home (which it could be, it's been cold, grey and dreary) I'm going to run.

I usually feel great after the run. I'm warmed up. I stretch and feel much better. Then I can relax and not feel bad about not getting out there. Then I can eat, chill out, shower and have a great night sleep.

It's just so hard to get going sometimes, y'know?!

I've heard that after "some number" of days, your repeated activities become a habit. I'm still waiting for that to happen with this running business. I know someday I'll be strong and fit enough to start enjoying this, but right now, if I'm going to be honest, it feels like work.

I'll get there. I know I will. I just need to convince myself, one run at a time, to stick with it and keep on going.

"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try" - Master Yoda

1 comment: