Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy with Progress



I haven't posted in a bit, but I haven't quit, not at all. I've been running and am now actually about to begin week #6 in this running program! On Saturday I actually warmed up for 5 minutes, ran for 20 minutes non-stop, then cooled down for 5 minutes. Can you believe it? I wasn't too thrashed by the end, but neither was it a walk in the park. I still had to work at it to get 'er done. Today I run for 5, rest, run for 8, rest, and run for 5. Pretty sure I should be able to do this one. By this Friday I'm to run for 25 minutes straight. Something I would have never thought myself capable of before this training.

Stick with it guys. Take your time, go through the program, push your self a little and just do it.

Hope you're still out there running with me on this adventure!

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY!
    You can do it, Sonny. I'm doing it too, tho I had days when I never thought I would. This morning, I ran for just about 30 minutes straight!

    Have you ever tried Fartlek? No, it's not a dirty joke. Fartlek means "speed play" in Swedish. It's when you play around with hard/fast running during your training. It helps build aerobic "strength". Wikipedia has a great description of it. Try it, it's fun (tough, but fun).

    Happy running,
    Jill/TotalNRG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a runner when I was on active duty (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth). But the intervening years and long daily commutes have conspired against met. But my new stepson is a cross country runner, so I've been bitten by the bug again. I have the C25K droid app, and it seem to work very well. Not as flashy as the iPhone app, but it works.

    Joe
    *dad gad*

    ReplyDelete